Sunday, January 14, 2007

milk project is on vacation

Sadly, I'm currently internet-less, and more than likely to remain so until March or so (when I go back to school and to my homestay). I will try my best to get in a few posts when and wherever I can, but they are likely to be very few and far between.

Quick update: I went home very briefly for an incomparably wonderful dairy, furniture, central heating, and family filled Christmas. I was back in Seoul in time for New Years Eve--staying up all night at the fake river amidst billions of handheld fireworks (wicky fun but quite dangerous, it turns out...Margaret's hair caught on fire and I was burned in the face. Guess it's a good thing they're illegal in good ol' Miguk) with the Green Team of Fulbrighters. Then I went back to my homestay for a quiet week, where my free wireless mysteriously and heartbreakingly stopped functioning. Now, I'm living on a U.S. Military base in Seoul with three other ETAs, Colleen, Jenny, and Melissa. We are interning in the Public Affairs Section at the U.S. Embassy, and so far it's been exciting and really fun. We'll be here until Feb. 2, after which time I'll be headed to a Buddhist monastery for a temple stay before meeting up with Katie Dale in Cambodia and then traveling around for a few weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've so enjoyed reading about your adventures. I wish you safe travels. I'll keep checking in for your updates. Take care! -Nancy